GO INDEPENDENT TAXI
4 EASY STEPS
- Register a vehicle to carry commercial passengers CLICK HERE
- You will need an : Approved meter and payment terminal ( CLICK HERE Become a Cab Charge Merchant Partner )
- Approved Camera Security System THS VIC1 CALL: 0434 423 423
- Taxi Tactile stickers / fare information notice CALL: 0434 423 423
GO INDEPENDENT AND STOP PAYING DEPO FEES.
GET INSTALLED TODAY !!!
- Fit the vehicle with:
- a fare calculation device that meets CPVV specifications
- A CPVV approved electronic transaction terminal to process Multi-Purpose Taxi Program transactions
- a CPVV approved security camera (required for journeys that begin in the Melbourne Metropolitan, Urban and Large Regional zones only)
- any relevant signs, symbols, notices or labels.
Key requirements to operate as an independent service provider
Vehicle owner responsibilities
CPV services in Victoria are guided by the Commercial Passenger Vehicle Industry Regulations 2018 (the regulations) and the Commercial Passenger Vehicle Industry Act 2017 (the Act). Vehicle owners and booking service providers must understand and meet their obligations under the regulations and the Act. Requirements that apply now, or will be introduced shortly, include record keeping, consumer protections, safety duties, incident notifications and complaints management. To view the regulations and the Act visit the acts and regulations page.
Equipment / signage
Vehicles providing unbooked services (taxis) require:
- a fare calculation device (taximeter).
- a CPVV approved security camera (metropolitan/urban/large regional only).
- tactile signs fitted next to door handles.
- electronic payment terminal (for MPTP transactions) – see above
- taxi number plates (issued by VicRoads).
- security camera labels (inside/outside) if applicable.
- fare information (inside/outside). You can download fare labels for unbooked services from this website.
- roof signs (roof domes) are no longer required, but may be fitted
- CPV service providers must provide their own labels/signs including passenger fare labels and security camera labels – see link to fare templates above.
- vehicles providing unbooked services (taxis) may be painted in any colour.
- the Authority to Register form is still issued by CPVV and vehicle owners must present this form to VicRoads.
If you require further information refer to this website or please contact us by phone: 1800 638 802.
GO INDEPENDENT TAXI